Monday, February 14, 2011

Pear pistachio and chocolate cake

I could try and describe how good this cake is, but really you should just make it.

The recipe originally come from a Vogue Entertaining recipe book, I discovered it when I was away on holidays, and I happened to have a pear, a packet of pistachios and some chocolate.

Pear, Pistachio and Chocolate Cake
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
pinch salt
150g unsalted butter, softened
3 eggs
¾ c pistachio nuts
zest of 1 orange
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 – 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced

Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 20 - 22cm cake tin or a loaf tin.
Process flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and half the pistachios in a food processor until pistachios are chopped small. Add butter and process until combined. Add the eggs and process until just combined. This is a very thick batter. Add remaining nuts and orange zest and process briefly to combine.

Remove the blade and stir in the chocolate and pear. Scrape into the tin.

Bake for approx. 45 minutes (depends on tin and oven) or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool.

Serve. 
I like it with cream poured over!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this cake is great and was very lucky to have Shara and Molly and Ava make it for my birthday. I forgot to take some home with me!

    Thanks Marg

    ReplyDelete